Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
493 Discussions

Game engine crashes with A750

Tentamens
Novice

Hi there!

So I am using the game engine Godot ( a free and open source game engine) and after I downloaded a new update for the drivers, when I tried to open a project it would instantly crashed.
so I opened it in the command line and got this error

"ERROR: Condition "err" is true. Returning: ERR_CANT_CREATE at: _create_device (drivers/vulkan/vulkan_context.cpp:1476)"

so I than tried reverting to the pervious version which didn't fix anything. in the error message it seems to suggest that Arc isn't wanting to use vulkan for some reason crashing the game engine (Godot doesn't yet support DirectX 12 which arc favors) does anyone have a solutions?

I have been trying to solve this issue for the past couple of days, to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tentamens
Novice

Hi!

It worked! Ig another one of those times windows mess up everything,

sorry for bringing you through the hassle 

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Tentamens

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to use Godot game engine on your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. Please let us know the following information:

• What is the driver version that caused the issue and the version in which the software was working? Have you tried even an older version from the previous driver that was working?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the engine software?
  • Share a video of the issue.
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

driver version : when ever I updated my drivers it was through the intel arc control it's self, and it doesn't seem like that version is on the website but from memory it was 31.0.101.4126, and then I downgraded from the website ( with a fresh install ) to 31.0.101.4125 and tried using a previous driver version, also have tried to completely deleting intel arc and re-installing, I have done a bios update, I have done a kernel reboot, as well a cemos ( or how ever you say it ) restart

reinstalling the program: yes I did it multiple times

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Tentamens

I appracite the informaiton. Please let's try the following:

Completely uninstall the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. Once uninstalled, reinstall the latest driver version 30.0.101.4146.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

• I am still not sure about the driver versions that were used here. Could you please clarify what driver version was working and what driver version broke the software?
  • Please share a short video of the issue showing the errors that occur in the software.
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • What is the version of Godot that you use?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

I did uninstall of the driver's as you said to no avail.

which driver version broke: well at this point I forget but I believe it was 4032 and the upgrade to 4091 broke it.

Resizable BAR enabled: Yes

What version of Godot do I use: when it broke I was using beta 10, and then upgraded to stable. ( side note I am able to open the previous version of Godot 3.x which doesn't have full support for the Vulkan engine which I believe is where the issue is )

also side note as of now I have downloaded Linux to be able to use Godot since the Arc drivers for Linux of course don't support directX, so the Vulkan support is much better there, so I am sorta just waiting for Godot to come out with directX support, or this to somehow resolve its self. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Tentamens

Thank you for the information. I would like to ask you for the following information to have a better understanding of this issue:

• Is the version causing this issue a Beta version of the software? Could you please provide a link for download?
  • Could you please also provide a link to the version of the software that you mentioned you are still able to use?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

Is it the beta version of the software that is causing the issue: No as I stated I was using the beta version and than after I updated my drivers it broke, so I upgraded the software to the stable version to no fix this is the download link for version that is breaking: https://godotengine.org/download/windows/

older version : https://godotengine.org/download/3.x/windows/

also as I stated the issue  is the Vulkan engine support even further proved when I am able to run Godot 4 on Linux which has much better implementation of the Vulkan engine 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Tentamens

Thank you for sharing these details. We will continue checking this issue internally, I will post back as soon as I have an update for you.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Tentamens

We are still checking this issue, however, we would like to ask you the following:

• Are you contacting us on behalf of a software company? Or are you an independent developer, developing a game or app?
  • By any chance are you able to test a third-party GPU and check if the same behavior happens?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

Thanks for getting back!

• are you an independent developer or on behalf of a software company: Yes I am a solo developer
  • can you run a third-party GPU: unfortunately I can not, the closet thing I can get to that is just running it on Linux sadly   
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Tentamens

Thank you for letting us know. We will continue checking this in order to determine the next best steps. We appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Tentamens

Thank you for your patience. We will be moving this thread to a developer forum so you can get further support from a specialized team. They should be posting back within 24 hours.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Arturo_Intel

Hello @Tentamens 

Welcome to the Indie Gamedev support!

We are taking ownership of this case ASAP.

Thank you for sharing all the requested info, out of curiosity which Linux version you used to test it?

We just need to reproduce it in our lab and we will come back to you, stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

Hello! 

What Ubuntu version are you using?: I am currently using Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Hi @Tentamens thank you for sharing the Ubuntu version.

Arturo and I started debugging the behavior you reported on Windows and have not been able to reproduce.

This is what we have and what we did, please let us know if there's anything different.

1. Setup system with the latest GFX Driver for ARC

Our system has the following characteristics: Intel 13900K + ARC 770 LE + driver v.4255 upgraded with DDU (According to your post looks like you're familiar with it already) so please test with it and the latest driver.

Also in ARC Control > Settings > System info > Hardware> IFWI VBIOS is 20.1053.0. 

2. Downloaded Godot from the official website stable version for Windows (Godot Engine 4.0.1)

3. Executed .exe file as administrator (both console and Engine). Imported 3D Platformer game file and executed without the error message you show in your video. Here it is how it looks for us

As you can see the error message in red in my case is related to a condition while yours is related to not being able to create the instance.

We have pending to test with the AMD Ryzen 5 system so I will post those updates here. In the meantime, please upgrade your drivers, try to run it with the stable version and get back to us

Karen

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

Hello!

Setup system with latest drivers with DDU: just upgraded to v.4255 with DDU no fix

VBIOS: 20.1053.0

just to state all my system specs : Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB ram, Intel Arc A750, running Windows 10

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Thank you @Tentamens 

Debug ongoing. Will get back to you soon

Karen

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Hi @Tentamens apologies on the delay

Thank you for sharing your setup.

Just to let you know that I set up a brand new system and loaded a 3D Platformer project without any issue using the latest stable Godot Version.

You can see in this video that I'm using a configuration almost exact to yours.

Having tested with both configurations: 13900K + ARC 770 + driver v4255 + Windows 11 and AMD Ryzen 5 + ARC 770 + driver 4255 + Windows 10, we can deduce that your system's configuration might be triggering the issue. 

Please, if you see anything different between the configs I have tested with and yours, let me know! Maybe we can find the culprit 

Also, if you're able to reproduce in another configuration that info is also valuable. We're always willing to do some research for our customers, but unfortunately when we're not able to reproduce the issue I'm afraid we can no longer pursue it

Just for a piece of mind, if you'd like, I can try to test your project on my PC or you can also try to load it in a brand new user profile in your PC and see how it goes. 

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help

Karen

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

Hi!

With this news I will try and reinstall Windows and see if that fixes any issue,
the configs we have are identical, so I will get back to and see if that fixes my issues.

0 Kudos
karen_intel

@Tentamens thank you for replying so quickly!

Okay then, I will be waiting for your feedback. Please keep me posted on any update

Have a great day!

Karen

0 Kudos
Tentamens
Novice

Hi!

It worked! Ig another one of those times windows mess up everything,

sorry for bringing you through the hassle