Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20775 Discussions

A770 no signal

Psychotic_EGG
Beginner
I just bought and received an ARC A770 Phantom OC Edition GPU. I just swapped it out with my old 1050 ti. I connected the power from my psu to the card (both cables). I power up my computer, the GPU lights up but I get no signal. I'm connecting my monitor to the card via HDMI. The same cable I had just been using today on the 1050 ti.

I don't even get a signal during boot up. So no bios boot options pop up. There's no error noises. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Psychotic_EGG

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I know when there is no display coming from your GPU can be a concerning issue.

It is important to first make sure you are installing the GPU is a compatible and supported platform, please take a look at the following article and let us know if your system meets the requirements and also, please share with us your system specs, mainly motherboard make, model and BIOS installed and processor model.:

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide

As an initial troubleshooting step, please try reseating the GPU on its PCIe if possible test a DP connection instead of HDMI. In addition by using your other GPU, you can get into BIOS and disable CSM which is known to sometimes cause boot issues.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Psychotic_EGG

I wanted to follow up and check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps we advised in our previous post. Please let us know if the issue is still happening.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Psychotic_EGG
Beginner
I had to reinstall my old gpu, to download the drivers for the A770. Only then did the A770 work with windows and my bios. Which is weird, so I'm guessing it updated something on the A770 itself as well. As bios wasn't showing before that either. So I'm very lucky I had another gpu to get everything going.

Now is relatively fine. Some flickering, but I expected that from the reviews. I know you peeps are working hard on ironing out the issues.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Psychotic_EGG

Good to know you were able to get your GPU up and running. For the flickering issue as you mentioned we are constantly improving our drivers, however, there should not be flickering if the GPU is working fine, so I would advise that you use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver version 31.0101.4972 and also to uninstall the driver from your previous GPU. In case the issue persists, feel free to open a new topic so we can help you out. Since the issue with no signal coming from the GPU is solved we will proceed to close this thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos