Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14718 Discussions

Unstable configuration

Ranaf
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I assembled a computer with an intel 14900KF processor on an Asus rog strix z790-e motherboard gaming wifi II , the system is not stable, some crashes force the computer to restart completely randomly or to close app (e.g. Google Chrome) without any error message or blue screen. I carried out several component control and update operations such as the motherboard bios or processor, reinstalling Windows, the problem has not evolved.

I did some research on the forum and found a very interesting article but I'm not completely sure of the procedure and if this concerns my problem.

1. Solution A:
1. In BIOS, select "OC", select "CPU Core Voltage Mode", select "Offset Mode", select "+(By PWM)", and adjust the voltage until the system is stable, we recommend not exceeding 0.025V for a single increase. If the problem persists, you can move on to solution B.

2. Solution B:
1. In BIOS, select "OC", select "DigitALL Power", modify "CPU Loadline Calibration Control" and recommend starting from "Mode 7" at a lower value until the system is stable.

This seems to me to be a delicate and risky operation.

Has anyone already done this operation? Was this conclusive? 

did some additional stress tests on XTU, I have temperature spikes of 100°c

thank you to those who take the time to seriously respond to this post because I really need help on this one.

Material list :

i9 - 14900KF

Asus rog strix z790-e motherboard gaming wifi II

2x32Go Corsair  Vengeance RGB DDR5 CL40 

Geforce RTX 4090

Crucial T700 2To

Corsair Icue H150i

Asus ROG Strix 1000W

I

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Ranaf, 

We want to further investigate this for you. I have sent you an email regarding this post. Please see your inbox. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos