Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4811 Discussions

Query on RAPL Core Power Measurement Availability for Xeon Silver 4116 and E5-2620 v4

SysSWmmr
Beginner

Hello,

I am using two Intel Xeon processors, the Xeon Silver 4116 and the Xeon E5-2620 v4, and I've been trying to utilize the Running Average Power Limit (RAPL) interface to monitor power consumption at a granular level. While I can access the DRAM power consumption data without any issues, I'm unable to retrieve power consumption data for individual CPU cores. Only package-level and DRAM-level power consumptions are available.

From my understanding, RAPL should allow for monitoring at various domains, including per-core power consumption. However, in my case, it seems like this specific data is not accessible or provided.

Could you please clarify if the Xeon Silver 4116 and the Xeon E5-2620 v4 processors support per-core power consumption monitoring through RAPL? If they do, could you guide me on how to access this information? If not, I'd appreciate understanding the limitations or reasons why this data isn't available for these specific processors.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello SysSWmmr,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues or inquiries. I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello SysSWmmr,

Good day!

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum.

Kindly follow the below link regarding Running Average Power Limit (RAPL) information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/software-security-guidance/advisory-guidance/running-average-power-limit-energy-reporting.html

Regards,

Sreelakshmi

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello SysSWmmr,

Good day!

This is to follow up on the case. Kindly confirm if you were able to find the details we shared earlier.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello SysSWmmr,

Good day!

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received from our previous follow-ups.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,
Sreelakshmi

0 Kudos