Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Estimated Call Count metric seems unavailable?

K_R__Dilip
Beginner

I am using Intel VTune Amplifier 2018 with update 3 on **Windows 7**.

I performed Advanced Hotspot Analysis on my application with Hotspots, call counts and stacks. However I can't seem to find the estimated call count metric anywhere. Which view shows it? I have tried looking inside the Hotspots viewpoint (under Bottom-up, caller/callee etc.) to no avail.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
James_S
Employee

Dear Customer,

You can find the Estimated Call Count in the Elapsed Time in the Summary tab, and you can also find the Estimated Call Count column in the Bottom-up tab. Before you run the Advanced Hotspots with Hotspots, call counts and stacks, are there any warnings in the Analysis Type Window? If you still can not find the metrics in your results, please try to run other application or the samples under the VTune installation directory and please let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,

Zhuowei

0 Kudos
K_R__Dilip
Beginner

No application I have tried is showing the Estimated Call Count metric.

In the Advanced Hotspot Analysis results, these are the columns I see by default:

CPU Time, Instructions Retired, CPI Rate, Wait Rate, CPU Frequency, Context Switch Time, Context Switch Count By Reason, Module, Function (Full), Source File, Start Address, PID, TID.

That's all. In the output window I do see this message:
"Warning: abclient: Cannot find pane with the instance name "timelinePane".

Other than that I am not seeing anything else. The call count metric does not appear in the Elapsed Time summary page either.

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Dilip,

Can you please tell CPU model you are running on? Also, do you know if your Windows 7 has an update related to meltdown issue?

0 Kudos
K_R__Dilip
Beginner

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.50 GHz 3.50 GHz

Windows 7 SP1

Updates are pushed through our corporate policy. I can't find the KB # associated with the meltdown/spectre patch. If you happen to have that, please pass it along so I can tell you if the update is installed or not.

0 Kudos
konda__suman
Beginner

In Vtune 2019.2, I had to customize the Analysis configuration and select "Estimate call counts" and "Estimate trip counts". Once I select them I could see these columns in the "Bottom-up" tab.

0 Kudos