Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Vtune Profiler -thread and IO Analysis

Nidhy
Employee

Hi Team,

Very useful tool (as i used for Hot Spot Analysis). When i tried to use Thread  Analysis and IO analysis, it showing "No data to show , The collected data is not sufficient" in Summary tab (Disk IO Histogram). Is anything i need to configure or enable in GUI, other than 1Gb data limit ?. I am collecting data via Remote SSH option.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Nidhy

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Nidhy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please share the vtune version details of both server and client machines, also run vtune-self-checker.sh script (<install-dir>/bin64) on remote as well as host machine and kindly share the results.

0 Kudos
Nidhy
Employee

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply. Please find required info, In both Host and remote using vtune_profiler_2020.1.0.607630. Self checker logs are attached. 

0 Kudos
Nidhy
Employee

Any info from the self checker output shared on jun30. In addition i am seeing  below message in vtune GUI

Nidhy_0-1593650232191.png

0 Kudos
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi,

We have forwarded this case to SME, will get back to you at the earliest.

0 Kudos
Nidhy
Employee

Thanks for the info.Today also i faced another issue as collection log says , Finalization completed successfully but getting error as 

Nidhy_0-1594079908214.png

0 Kudos
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Can you describe your application?

Also, can you attach the result directory?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Nidhy
Employee

Application with multiple threads to write (IOs) used data in to block devices (like SSD). Running more than 10 min. 

Unfortunately the drive and system got OS installation and old data lost. Let me check on feasibility of install vtune and rerun application.

0 Kudos