Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

2016 Update 1 and higher driver installation on Windows* 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

David_A_Intel1
Employee

You may receive the warning message "Windows requires a digitally signed driver" during installation on Windows* 7 and Windows* Server 2008 R2 systems.  

The VTune Amplifier hardware event-based sampling drivers (sepdrv.sys and vtss.sys) in version 2016 Update 1 are now signed with digital SHA-2 certificate key for compliance with Windows 10 requirements.  To install the drivers on Windows* 7 and Windows* Server 2008 R2 operating systems, you must add functionality for the SHA-2 hashing algorithm to the systems by applying Microsoft Security update 3033929: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3033929

driver-install-msg.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Magnus_E_
Beginner

Hi, I still cannot get the driver to load on a windows7 i7 computer. Here is what I've tried (in order, and trying to reinstall the driver using command line after each step)

updating everything I can se in windows update

manually installing the above mentioned security patch

reinstalling vtune (the install does not give any error)

I still get the error regarding the driver not properly signed.

Are there any other known pitfalls?

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

No.  Did you reboot after applying patches?

If so, and you still see the problem, please collection the bug report file with the following command:

> amplxe-feedback -create-bug-report report.zip

And upload the zip file to Intel® Premier Support (our free, secure customer support mechanism) or attach it to a private message to me.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Huh?  Not sure what you mean.  The Release Notes document supported platforms: operating systems and processors.

0 Kudos