Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

ANNOTATE_SITE_BEGIN() and ANNOTATE_TASK_BEGIN()

newport_j
Beginner

When I annotated my first file based on the results of intel Advisor survey, I got the error:

'RRAY' undeclared (first use in this function)

Each undeclared indentifier is reported only once

for each function it appears in.

Now in

ANNOTATE_SITE_BEGIN();

and

ANNOTATE_TASK_BEGIN();

What must be the sitename and what must be the taskname? Also, do I have to declare each? At present it says my taskname is undeclared.

RRAY was my taskname and I did not declare it. I did not think that I had to.

Any help appreciated.

Newport_j

0 Kudos
5 Replies
newport_j
Beginner
I have solved this one. I have just one question, do we (the programmer or analyst) select the names independently or do the names have to come from something in the program (that we are trying to speed up).? Thanks in adavnce. Newport_j
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, Sitenames and Tasknames do not need to be declared. The following link describes what the sitename and taskname rules are: http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/advisorxe/win/ug_docs/hh_goto.htm#GUID-9CA98FCD-46F5-4982-989E-EFE2BCC70A77.htm#GUID-9CA98FCD-46F5-4982-989E-EFE2BCC70A77 For example, "for C/C++ code, the sitename must be an ASCII C++ identifier. This should be a name you will recognize when it appears in Intel Advisor XE tool reports".. Hope it helps. Ravi
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, >> I have just one question, do we (the programmer or analyst) select the names independently or do the names have to come from something in the program (that we are trying to speed up).? The names can be anything that satisfies the rules specified in the following URL: http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/advisorxe/win/ug_docs/hh_goto.htm#GUID-9CA98FCD-46F5-4982-989E-EFE2BCC70A77.htm#GUID-9CA98FCD-46F5-4982-989E-EFE2BCC70A77 The name ideally needs to be meaningful to you in quickly identifying the site/task context in source code where it is being used. Hope it helps. Ravi
0 Kudos
Harsh
Beginner

I am having another kind of problem.My VS loads the header file but does not recogonize the annotations?Why is such a problem arising?It does load Cil.h correctly bur additional-annotations.h is not loaded correctly.My paths are correctly set up

0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Harsh,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you be able to create a small test case and share it with me? You can send it to me at ravi DOT vemuri AT intel DOT com

In the meanwhile, please check the following:

• Mark the project with the annotations as "Set as Startup Project" to ensure that the annotations will be recognized
  • Try reproducing the problem with the sample projects available with the Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013

Hope it helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos