Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Advisor XE 2016 Analysis fail when loading managed .NET assembly

Alain_M_
Beginner

We have a C++/C# software that we profile with Advisor XE 2016.

During profiling session, when we load a .NET assembly, Advisor stops "Check Dependencies" analysis with the message :

"Failed to load .NET profiler, please reinstall Advisor".

The problem is that I want to profile only C++ native modules, not the C# ones ... and I don't see a .NET profiler in Advisor.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Try to change "managed code profiling mode" in Advisor project properties to "native", to disable .NET profiling. 

Regards,
Kirill

0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

If native mode doesn't help, would you be able to provide your application executable, so that I can reproduce the problem?

0 Kudos
Alain_M_
Beginner

Hello,

Native mode doesn't help.

As our application is very big, we cannot provide it to you. I will try to reproduce the problem with a small sample including a C++/CLI assembly.

Regards.

Alain.

0 Kudos
Alain_M_
Beginner

Hello,

I have successfully reproduced the problem with a main exe module in native C++ and a C++/CLI DLL.

I have joined the VS 2012 solution to the post. I use .NET Framerwork 4.0.

When Advisor (Check Dependencies) or even Inspector (Thread and Memory Profiling) try to load the managed DLL, the profiler is crashing.

0 Kudos
Alain_M_
Beginner

I just wanted to precise that the crash occurs in Release mode, not in Debug mode.

Regards.

Alain.

0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Thank you Alain for the reproducer! I see the problem and submitted a bug tracker to development team.

0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Alain, this bug was fixed in Intel Inspector 2017, that should be released in August-September. Thank you for reporting the issue!

0 Kudos