Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Advisor trip count file corrupted, no flops/roofline available.

Patrick_S_1
Beginner

Hi,

I use Advisor Update 2 (build 501009) installed via a Parallel Studio XE license. I was able to analyse provided examples and my own codes.

Now I have a code, fixed format Fortran compiled with ifort 17.0.2 20170213 using mpif90 after sourcing the compilervars.csh intel64 , mpivars.csh and advixe-vars.csh.

When I run, the collection log states the tripcount file is corrupted. Advisor then shows no roofline / flops data available and that I should recompile with -g, which I already do. Vtune has no problem reading performance counters and trip counts.

Regards,
Patrick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
James_T_Intel

Patrick,

In order to improve our tracking for reports such as yours, we are now asking customer to file a support request at our Online Service Center, located at http://www.intel.com/supporttickets.

James.

0 Kudos
Patrick_S_1
Beginner

James,

thanks, I submitted a ticket now. The last time I submitted a ticket first, I was told to go to the forums...

Patrick.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

We've been changing our support process.  I see the ticket you submitted and I'm going to get that addressed shortly.

0 Kudos