Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

Are Intel Advisor updates available as a standalone?

Jones__Brian
New Contributor I

Is the Intel Advisor GUI for Windows available as a standalone download, or do I have to install the entire oneAPI basekit to get it?

I use Advisor on Linux the cloud and download locally to analyze with the GUI (currently 2020 Update 2), but for Update 3 and any future updates I don't want to install many other components that I don't need on my local Windows 10 system.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaeesaM_Intel

Yes, Please uninstall the previous version of Advisor before installing the new version.

Raeesa

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Forum.

You can select the checkbox for Intel Advisor alone while installing the Intel oneAPI Basekit to get the Advisor alone without installing other components that you don’t need in Basekit.

[ screenshots attached ]

Hope this helps.

Raeesa

0 Kudos
Jones__Brian
New Contributor I

Thanks for your reply. 

I have Advisor 2020 Update 2 installed on Windows 10.  Should I uninstall it before installing the new oneAPI version? 

0 Kudos
RaeesaM_Intel

Yes, Please uninstall the previous version of Advisor before installing the new version.

Raeesa

RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for accepting the solution. We are discontinuing monitoring this thread. Please raise a new one for further assistance.

Raeesa

0 Kudos