Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Cache Miss in V-Tune

PHAM__Tuan_Anh
Beginner

Hi everybody,

I'm a new comer, and I wonder if I post in the right place :)

I work as a developer for a telecommunication system (4G core network). Recently, I am using DPDK (http://dpdk.org/) and have to evaluate the its performance. I found the Intel V-Tune,  has been using it for a couple of days. But V-Tune results do not reach my expectation. For instance:

- I implemented a tutorial "Tutorial: Identifying Hardware Issues" in order to find Cache Miss Rate, but it shows nothing.
- I applied V-Tune to run a DPDK example (l2fwd), and got the same result.

My environment:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697A v4 @ 2.60GHz
- Centos OS 7.2.1511

I expect to get "CPI Rate", "LLC Miss", "Branch Mispredict"... because they are important parameters for me, affect to my decision to buy V-Tune or not.

I don't know how to contact any Intel software supporter. So I appreciate anyone here to help me to get above result as they show in the guide (hw_issues_amplxe_lin.pdf)

Thanks in advance,
Tuan Anh PHAM

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

A couple of questions to clarify the situation:

Could you please specify what analysis type did you use to collect data? Was that general exploration? Could you please post a screenshot what you see on summary pane (or output from VTune if you use command line)?

And what VTune version do you use?

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry