Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Callgraph exportation

poncos
Beginner

Hello,

I am exporting callgraph collect information to make my own scripts and filter the information. The problem is that one of datas very importan for me, is the information about all functions that a concrete function call (callees functions), and all functions that call the concrete function (caller functions). With the eclipse plugin, I can view this information, and in fact, I can browse through call flow (from a concrete function, I can continue all call flow), but when I export that information to csv file, the file generated have not that information, there are two colums with names "caller" and "callees" but their values has not the functions name or identifier, only has the "number" of caller and callees functions.

Woulb be possilbe export the caller and callees date ???

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_A_Intel1
Employee
The complication is that this data, callers and callees, is per function. If you are dumping the function summary list, for which function should the callers and callees be dumped? Or, if you say, "all", how would you suggest the data be laid out so that you can tell which function the callers and callees match. You potentially have many entries for callers or calles per function.

Basically, this functionality is not present because there was not a straight-forward solution.

Now, it does appear that you can do what you want via the command-line interface. See the man page for "callgraph" and the "-calls" option. You could use the "vtl project" command to set the command line project to the one you created in the GUI and then dump the data in text format to the console.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
The complication is that this data, callers and callees, is per function. If you are dumping the function summary list, for which function should the callers and callees be dumped? Or, if you say, "all", how would you suggest the data be laid out so that you can tell which function the callers and callees match. You potentially have many entries for callers or calles per function.

Basically, this functionality is not present because there was not a straight-forward solution.

Now, it does appear that you can do what you want via the command-line interface. See the man page for "callgraph" and the "-calls" option. You could use the "vtl project" command to set the command line project to the one you created in the GUI and then dump the data in text format to the console.

0 Kudos
poncos
Beginner

Thanks MrAnderson, with the information obtained from "man callgraph", I have obtained all information needed. with command "vtl x::y -calls" it's possible view all information about the call flow.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos