Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Can't find CLI_install folder

Eric_S_
Beginner

As part of the release note, release_notes_amplifier_linux.pdf, on page 7, it says:

"Copy the CLI_install folder (found at the top level in the extracted product install package) to the remote machine..."

My problem is that before or after install, the CLI_install folder is nowhere on my file system.

Can someone point me to a location where I can download the CLI_install folder or how to otherwise generate it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

after you untar the download file, it should be a subdirectory in the directory created by the untar, along side the install script, e.g.,

cli_folder.PNG

0 Kudos
Eric_S_
Beginner

Hi MrAnderson,

Thanks for your quick reply.  After my install, CLI_Install isn't where you show it is.  Do you have another suggestion?  Even searching the entire file system, I can't find it.

-----------------------

# pwd
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe
# ls
amplxe-vars.csh  config         include  man       samples  support.txt  uninstall_GUI.sh
amplxe-vars.sh   contrib        lib32    message   sdk      target       uninstall.sh
bin32            documentation  lib64    resource  sepdk    uninstall

# cd ../vtune_amplifier_xe_2015

# pwd

/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2015

# ls
amplxe-vars.csh  config         include  man       samples  support.txt  uninstall_GUI.sh
amplxe-vars.sh   contrib        lib32    message   sdk      target       uninstall.sh
# cd ../vtune_amplifier_xe_2015.1.0.367959
# pwd
/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2015.1.0.367959
# ls

# find / -name CLI_Install -print

0 Kudos
Eric_S_
Beginner

Please close this ticket.  The CLI_Install client package is included in the vtune amplifier download but not in the parallel studio xe download (although vtune is also found in paraller studio xe).

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Ah, okay.  So, we now have three flavors in the Parallel Studio XE family of products: Composer Edition, Professional Edition, and Cluster Edition.  The Composer Edition does not include the VTune Amplifier XE.  The other two editions *do* include VTune Amplifier XE.

0 Kudos
CWhit10
Beginner

Hi,

Since CLI_Install client package is NOT included in Parallel Studio XE download package, is there any other ways to install VTune Amplifier XE in embedded linux system using Parallel Studio XE download package?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ekaterina_L_Intel

Hello Claudia,

CLI_Install is part of VTune Amplifier XE standalone installer which is available for download in the Intel Registration Center / Parallel Studio XE, look for it in the component list.

VTuneDownload.png

Regards, Katya

0 Kudos