Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Can't start memory-cons analysis. thread_manager_impl (blocked == tpss_tls_op_err_ok)

Antonis007
Beginner

Assertion failed: thread_manager_impl:485: (blocked == tpss_tls_op_err_ok)

Screenshot from 2021-10-29 15-15-39.png

0 Kudos
18 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We would like to have some additional information from your side to resolve this issue further.

1) System Information(OS, Version)

2) Intel VTune Profiler version

3) Sample Reproducer to profile the application from our end.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner

1) 

Screenshot from 2021-11-01 13-48-33.png

2)

Screenshot from 2021-11-01 13-51-03.png

3) It is inner server utility with a lot of dependencies and some environment. Settings are default. Also I can run sample/matrix for same settings. So I believe one of dependency is wrong for vtune. But it worked under Ubuntu 18.04 version.

Screenshot from 2021-11-01 13-53-44.png

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for sharing all the information with us. We are trying to reproduce your issue from our end. Meanwhile we've a couple of suggestions for you which might help.

1) We observed that you're not using the latest version. So we suggest you to upgrade VTune to the latest version and check if the issue still persists.

2) We would also suggest you to check if all the drivers are loaded. If not, please load them with below commands:

<vtune-installed-directory>latest/sepdk/src$ ./insmod-sep -q

If not loaded:

<vtune-installed-directory>latest/sepdk/src$ ./build-driver

3) We would like to have Result directory for the failed analysis

4) We want you to run the self checker and share the log with us. For self checker logs,  please follow the below steps:

• In Vtune installed directory(path: /intel/oneapi/vtune/latest/bin64), run the below command:

sh vtune-self-checker.sh

• VTune Profiler Self Check Utility starts and the log location will be given in the end of the analysis(Log location: /tmp/vtune-tmp-administrator/self-checker-xxxxxx/log.txt)

5) Vtune has an option to run a program independently and try attaching vtune to a particular process. Please follow the below steps:

Configure Analysis window> WHAT pane > Attach To Process > PID 

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner

before start vtune I actually have a mistake in terminal

```

[antonis@fedora bin64]$ vtune-gui
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
Warning: Server access is limited to localhost only. To enable remote access restart with --allow-remote-ui.

```

And our application has Inference Engine inside.

1) 2021.8.0 version become even worse. vtune can't run with "Seg fault error", and nothing specific.

2) Driver was not loaded, now installed, didn't help anything.

3) r006mc-bad.zip attached

4) self_checker_log.txt attached

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner

2) I lied about driver.

```

[root@fedora src]# ./build-driver >> res.txt

Skipping BTF generation for /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.7.1/sepdk/src/socperf/src/socperf3.ko due to unavailability of vmlinux
Skipping BTF generation for /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.7.1/sepdk/src/sep5.ko due to unavailability of vmlinux
Skipping BTF generation for /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.7.1/sepdk/src/pax/pax.ko due to unavailability of vmlinux
Skipping BTF generation for /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.7.1/sepdk/src/vtsspp/vtsspp.ko due to unavailability of vmlinux
Skipping BTF generation for /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2021.7.1/sepdk/src/socwatch/socwatch_driver/socwatch2_14.ko due to unavailability of vmlinux

```

And after that there is sill:
```

[root@fedora src]# ./insmod-sep -q
pax driver is not loaded.
socperf3 driver is not loaded.
sep5 driver is not loaded.

socwatch driver is not loaded.

vtsspp driver is not loaded.

```

I tried under "sudo" and without it

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

Your system does not have SEP drivers installed but looking at the self checker log - it has perf. Memory access analysis requires drivers to be present. Can you please set /proc/sys/kernel/perf_event_paranoid to 0 using "echo 0 >/proc/sys/kernel/perf_event_paranoid" to make use of perf driver.

To install SEP drivers - you need to be part of sudo group or you have root privilege's. once this requirement is met, build and install SEP drivers from sepdk directory of vtune installation folder.

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner

Unfortunately I still have same problem.

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

Can you please try the same with 2021.8 version of VTune. This has been fixed with this latest version.

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

Have you tried with the 2021.8 vtune version? any updates?

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner

With vtune 2021.8 and 2021.9 I have fall of vtune during start.

$ strace vtune-gui 2>vtune_strace.txt
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

Can you please run from the command line, while I figure out the issue with GUI.

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

Can you please generate log and send across?

You need to run:

amplxe-feedback -create-bug-report=001bug   

this will create 001bug.zip in your current directory. Please post the zip file.

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner

I will try console version today.

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

The crash report sent does not have the right information. Can you please reproduce the crash/core dumped error and run the amplxe-feedback again? Make sure to use the same user account.

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Can you please share the crash report as mentioned in the last post.

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner

crush report after vtune-gui crush

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

I hope the issue is resolved. Since I have not received response from last few weeks, we will close and stop monitoring this thread. Please log a new thread if you face any issues with our tools/products.

0 Kudos
Antonis007
Beginner
0 Kudos