Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Can't undersatnd Intel vTune Amplifier XE 2016 license method

Saar_B_
Beginner

Hello, I'm Saar and I'm trying hard to find the way to activate Intel vTune Amplifier XE 2016 with a leagal registered serial number.

After reading those pages:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/resend-license-file

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-my-license-file-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

I've come to understand that the licensing method has changed and now each installation should have a dedicated .LIC license file.

Until now our company used floating license with an Intel license server, with software license manager is it relevant anymore?

I've logged in to Intel® Registration Center using my emailed serial number and my email but I cannot find the option to download or register any mac address, only download the installers.

If I'm siging in I dont even see the product Intel vTune Amplifier XE 2016 on the list.

Feels like there is a mess around Intel documents and their user interface for activate product.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Saar.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Saar:

If you don't see the VTune Amplifier XE 2016 available for download it means your support period has expired and you are not eligible to download the 2016 version.

The normal process would be to provide your serial number to the installer during installation.  License files etc. will be handled automatically. Make sure you are using the correct serial number, specifically, the Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition will not enable the VTune Amplifier XE.  It is only enabled for the Professional and Cluster editions.  You will need to use the serial number from your VTune Amplifier XE product.

I don't quite follow your situation, however.  Are you saying you used to use the software via a floating license, but now you have an individual license?  Is the software already installed on the system?

0 Kudos
Saar_B_
Beginner
Hi MrAnderson, Yes we were using the software with a floating license, but now in the cause of ugrade we will have to change the type of the license. Ive sent a few emails to Intel's support and theyve confirmed that the serial number is right, but I get error on the installation using the serial number, Intel support asked me to confirm that the serial number is registered with my account. I simpliy want to activate the serial number, it works only using the dedicated license file ive recived on email. Thanks for the comment Saar
0 Kudos