Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Cancelling pending tasks waits forever

pelangi15
Beginner
Dear experts,
I found this disturbing problem with VTune Amplifier XE.
When I do a "In-filter selection" for a particular function, the dialog box pops up showing "Cancelling pending tasks. Please wait...".
This dialog box remains after hours.
Only way to quit it is to terminate the VTune app.
Please kindly advise.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Thanks for this report. However it seems that this problem is hard to be reproduced on my side...is it reproducible or just meet it occasionally?

Did you meet this problem on standalone GUI or VS integration mode?

Are you using latest product Update 3?
Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 3 (build 150226) Command Line Tool
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
pelangi15
Beginner
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply.
I guess it's hard to reproduce. It happens occasionally. And it can persistently happen when I do a in filter selection to check on particular function for poor utilization. I have no choice to task killed it.
Sometimes, like this morning, it works fine (with some hangs once in a while).
I am using VS integration mode but I also tried standalone mode. Same problem occurs.
I am using the evaluation copy, build 139491.
I have been trying to get hold of a purchased copy but your order process is just taking too long...
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Please upgrade the product from Update 2 to Update 3 (there are many enhancements in this version), go to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Download.aspx?productid=1388 to download the new package, then uninstall/reinstall the prodcut. Let me know if the problem persists on. Thank for your interest of using VTune Amplifier XE 2011. Regards, Peter
0 Kudos