Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Cannot install evaluation of Intel Inspector XE 2015 on Linux without root acces

John_D_9
Beginner

Hello,

Is it possible to install an evaluation of Intel Inspector XE 2015 on Linux without root access?  I usually just use it on Windows, and I'm just evaluating it on Linux, so I don't want to bother system administrators unless the evaluation proves successful.  Can someone please email me a license file?  As far as I can tell my purchased Windows license file won't work for a Linux install.

install.png

Thanks,
John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
(Root access is recommended to install the product, it can be accessed to all users) If you run as non-root user and without using sudo to install Inspector XE 2015, it says - installer "3. runs as current user to limit access to user level". You can select option 3 to install, follow the steps. You can select "2. I want to evaluate my product or activate later" option when installing the product...the install will say "Trial activation completed successfully". In this way, Inspector only can be used by your user account after completing the installation. What I talked are about using separate product inspector_xe_2015_update1.tar.gz, not from Parallel Studio XE's installer.
0 Kudos
John_D_9
Beginner

Peter, can you please point me to the inspector_xe_2015_update1.tar.gz download?  I'm having trouble finding it.

On https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-inspector-xe/try-buy , I can only see option to download the parallel studio XE installer.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

If you have registered Intel Parallel Studio XE product, inspector component as a single tool can be downloaded?

Please go https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Download.aspx?productid=2168

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
John_D_9
Beginner

Peter, I never did find a way to install the trial without sudo permissions.  The instructions you gave didn't seem to correspond to the current GUI installer.  Maybe if I ran the command line installer I would have seen those options.

Anyway, it turns out that I actually already had a Linux license!  So I just installed with the serial number.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

[The instructions you gave didn't seem to correspond to the current GUI installer.  Maybe if I ran the command line installer I would have seen those options.] Exactly, you need to use install.sh to install the product then find the option without using license file.

OK, now you have serial number...the issue doesn't exist again:-)

0 Kudos