Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Cannot locate debugging information

domix
Beginner

Hi there,
I've just started using Vtune and I have a problem with a lot of warnings.
I have Windows 10 and Vtune 2018 update 1.

Data collection is completed with warnings

Please see warning messages for details. 
    Failed to get the application thread context: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Finalization completed with warnings 
    11/14/2017 12:41:23 PM  Result finalization has completed with warnings that may affect the representation of the analysis data. Please see details below. 
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vcruntime140.dll'.
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'.
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\VTune Amplifier 2018\bin32\runtime\ittnotify_collector.dll'.
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbase.dll'.
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'.
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140.dll'.
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'.
    Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\VTune Amplifier 2018\bin32\tpsstool.dll'.

How to solve that? I have all .dll files in this directories.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Denis_M_Intel
Employee

Warning messages from your output are about system and VTune modules. You can ignore them if you are not interested in profiling system functions. Otherwise please see the "Debug Information for Windows* System Libraries" help topic in VTune help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Denis_M_Intel
Employee

Warning messages from your output are about system and VTune modules. You can ignore them if you are not interested in profiling system functions. Otherwise please see the "Debug Information for Windows* System Libraries" help topic in VTune help.

0 Kudos
box
Beginner

hello,

I've just started using Vtune and I have a problem with a lot of warnings.

I have Windows 10 and Vtune 2021.1.

Please see warning messages for details. 

Finalization completed with warmings

Mar 15 2021 09:57:00 Result finalization has completed with warnings that may affect the representation of the analysis data. Please see details below.

Cannot locate debugging information for file 'D:\oneAPI\oneAPIforIDE\vtune\latest\bin32\tpsstool.dll'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ksproxy.ax'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\combase.dll'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dnsapi.dll'.

I have set 'Configure the Microsoft Symbol Server from the VTune Profiler Standalone GUI '.

How to solve that? I have all .dll files in this directories.

0 Kudos
Kirill_U_Intel
Employee

Hi.

That means you hvae no debug information for your or system binaries (inside of binary or in separate file, for example pdb)

just look on this troubleshooting content

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/troubleshooting/error-cannot-locate-debug-info.html 

Thanks, Kirill

0 Kudos