Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Command line syntax for xeon phi

David_M_17
Novice

I am attempting to collect vtune data on a xeon phi for a native binary (mic0/tmp/a.out)  I am unable to decipher the vtune command line.   Something like amplxe-cl -collect general-exploration -target mic0:/tmp/a.out fails with a message that it can not create mic0:/tmp/t1.exe.  When I read the amplxe-cl documentation at:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/54422 ​  I do not find it helpful.   Can someone provide a command line for invoking amplxe-cl on the host to collect data on the mic card?   How to I pass in LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the command line too?   Thank you. - David  Host system is running Linux.   amplxe-cl 2016.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi David:

Hmmm, your link goes to a "page not found" for me.  Maybe it is cached on your end?

Please see this help page and see the example for "native Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor application".  Notice that the application is specified after the "--" at the end of the command line.  The target-system only specifies the system, e.g., mic0.  (This is based on the latest release, VTune Amplifier XE 2016 Update 2.)  So, your example should be:

$ amplxe-cl -collect general-exploration -target-system=mic-native:mic0 -- /tmp/a.out

Regarding LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I find it easiest to create a script file on the card and have VTune Amplifier start that.  The script can then set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH before invoking the app.

0 Kudos
David_M_17
Novice

This is very helpful it resolves my question and gets me to the next step.   Thank you for the assistance and the pointer.  -David

0 Kudos