Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

DATA COLLECTOR INSTALLATION IN POCKET PC 2002

mvvreddy80
Beginner
can anyone suggest me what might be the problem during installation of remote data collector in pocket pc 2002.The device is ipaq.I have installed rdc in pocket pc but when i select data collector in pocket pc a mssg "initialize failed" comes.
kindly suggest me if u have come across this before.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi!
Most off-the-shelf Pocket PC* devices are not supported by the VTune analyzer collector. This is not a VTune analyzer problem, this is lack of support in the OEM BSP.
The message you describe is usually a result of not having a) the required PMUDLL.DLL, and/or b) the PMU enabled in the BSP.
The supported platforms are described in the release notes. Also, the Dell* Axim X3/X30 and the Viewsonic* V35/V37 enabled support for the VTune analyzer collector. See the Intel Optimization Kits for bundles that include supported devices.
Basically, unless you canget a BSP from the OEM that enables the PMU, you cannot use the VTune analyzer collector on the device.
0 Kudos
funkyt
Beginner
Hi DaveA,
You mentioned that the Dell* Axim X3/X30 and the Viewsonic* V35/V37 haveenabled support for the VTune analyzer collector. Does it mean thatif I purchase any of the handsets mentioned above, andalsoVtune 7.2,the latter would start working with thePDAs immediately?
Is therea list of PDA brands and models that currently work with Vtune 7.1/7.2? I have searched in the Optimization Kit webpages and also the Xscale Release Notes, but there isn'ta list for supported brands and models.
Thanks in advance for taking time to answer my enquiry.
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Yes, if you purchase any that I have listed, they will work with 7.2, except for the X3 which will work after you request and we supply the missing PMUDLL.DLL. That is, Dell* has provided the file to us for distrubtion to VTune analyzer users that want to use the analyzer on the X3.
I guess there is nothing published, except my list above. :-} I checked also and could find it. However, since I support the XScale collector of the VTune analyzer, you can trust me. :-}
0 Kudos
funkyt
Beginner
Hi DaveA,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my supplier does not supply the Dell Axim X30 model anymore, and only has supplies for the Axim X50. Is itpossible to use Vtunes Analyser on this model?
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Unfortunately, no. A different ODM (original device manufacturer) developed the X50 for Dell* and did not enable support for the VTune analyzer. Please contact Dell and let them know that you would like the X50 to support the VTune analyzer.
0 Kudos