Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

DLLs and VTune

Deleted_U_Intel
Employee
This is perhaps an elementary question.
I have a precompiled program that uses certain
DLLs. If I now want to analyze the performance of
of how do I specify where to look for the DLLs in
VTune?
Is there a Reference Manual for VTune? Or a User
Gudie?
-S.Sudharsanan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee

I'm sorry, but the online help (see Help menu)is the only "manual" available for the VTune analyzer. Although, you might be interested in "The Software Optimization Cookbook" (http://www.intel.com/intelpress/sum_soc.htm).

If your DLLs are not in the directory specified in the "Working Directory" field and not in the PATH, you can modify the environment which the application will inherit when launched by the analyzer.

After creating the activity with a wizard (the easiest way to create an activity), "Modify" the activity and select the application in the "Application/Module Profiles" list and press the right-hand "Configure..." button. In the resulting dialog, press "Advanced...". In the next dialog, uncheck the "Use default environment" check box. You can now edit the environment your application will have when the analyzer launches it. So, you can now add the DLL directories to the PATH. OK out of all dialogs and run the activity.

Does anyone have a different way of addressing this problem?

0 Kudos