Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Deleting Activities

gauthamt
Beginner
How do I delete the activities that get created. Is there a command like "vtl view" to delete the activities. Can you atleast tell me which directory these activities get stored at?.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Konstantin_L_Intel
if you run vtl without parameters in will bring a short overview for all the commands including 'delete' one:
---------------------->>----------------------------
delete Perform one of the following delete operations:
[] Delete Activity .
[-f | -force] Delete Activity without prompting for confirmation.
[-a | -all] Delete project.
[-f | -force] Delete project without prompting for confirmation.
---------------------->>----------------------------
can be just an activity number (beginning with 1).

See 'vtl show' output in order to decide what the activities you want to delete.
0 Kudos
Daniel_B_Intel2
Employee
Hi Gautham,

happy to see you are starting to use "vtl". it is very intresting to hear your opinion comparing VTune native solution on Linux (using vtl) and VTune with Remote Linux agents (like VTune 7.0). i'll appreciate very much your replay in the thread CLI(vtl) or Remote Agents (vtserver)?

Regarding your question about VTune project directory you can look at my post Create ?new project? with ?vtl?

regarding specific activities' directory, call graph activty can be quered by:
vtl query -a XX

where XX is a call graph activity, see at the end the location for the "ini" files.

Please also try not to manipulate with files/directories there, as well not to put there your own files (they can be deleted accidentally).

-Daniel

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 12-09-2005 01:52 PM

0 Kudos