Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Display GPU source/assembly in vtune

JEROME_B_Intel1
Employee

I have a GPU_offload result from a run on a PVC. A few days ago I was looking at the source code and assembly for a slow kernel. However, my machine rebooted, and now I cannot recall how I got it to display source and assembly. Nothing I try works, even though I am looking at the same result.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JEROME_B_Intel1
Employee

Thanks! That worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Please follow the steps below to view the source code after performing GPU Offload in VTune:

1. Open VTune and navigate to the GPU Offload results of your application.

2. Click on the Graphics tab. The Function/Call Stack list are displayed on the left side of the page as given in the below screenshot. 

ThasneemV_Intel_0-1685443774902.png

3. To view the source code, you can right-click on the relevant function and select the option View Source as shown in the screenshot attached below (or can simply double click on the function).

ThasneemV_Intel_1-1685443806420.png

4. You will be then navigated to the page where source code and assembly code are given, like the screenshot attached below:

ThasneemV_Intel_2-1685443831615.png

Hope this resolves your issue. If this resolves your issue, kindly accept this as a solution as it would help others with a similar issue.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos
JEROME_B_Intel1
Employee

Thanks! That worked.

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos