Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Error before any memory analysis

David_W_7
Beginner

I am getting an "Error 255" before Inspector seems to perform any memory analysis on my C program.  I am doing a static compile with C and some Fortran mixed in (icc and ifort) but the same failure happens when I compile dynamically.  The error I get is rather cryptic and I can't find the description of Error 255 in documentation.  I'm quoting the log file below.  Is there something wrong with my program's compile settings?  Valgrind runs on it.  Thanks!

David

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<feedback>
<message severity="info">Memory error analysis: started</message>
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Result file: [/home/david/intel/inspxe/projects/OccBC$
<nop/>
<message severity="error">An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for th$
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Application exit code: [255] </message>
<nop/>
<message severity="error">An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for th$
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Result file: [/home/david/intel/inspxe/projects/OccBC$
<nop/>
<message severity="info">Memory error analysis: terminated</message>
<nop/>
</feedback>

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_D_Intel
Employee
Could you attach the entire result directory? It contains additional logs that would helpful in understanding the error (in <result dir>/data.0/ if you want to look at them as well). (Sent it privately if you don't want it posted on a public forum). The exit code of 255 usually means the actual exit code was out of range (> 255). Inspector will give better results with dynamic linking, at least once the current problem gets resolved and you actually get results. Mark
0 Kudos
David_W_7
Beginner
Oh! I was looking through that section and I think I figured it out. I'm running version 2011 and it is saying my Linux Kernel 3.2 is not a supported version. I attached the files though, in case I misinterpreted that. Thanks! David
0 Kudos
Mark_D_Intel
Employee
Yes, you are correct - the version of Inspector XE 2011 you are running does not support version 3 linux kernels. Update 8 or later should work.
0 Kudos