Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Error in module .dll - Module is an instrumented module.

jmiessner
Beginner
What is the meaning of the following message when doing call graph collection (on Windows XP 32-bit)?
Error in module .dll - Module is an instrumented module.

I am trying to analyze the performance of a plug-in to a third-party application and get this message on application startup. The named module is part of the plug-in. This DLL and several related DLLs do not have instrumented equivalents in the cache.

A possible side effect of this is a message, "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library .dll." The entry point name is extremely long (114 characters as a C++ mangled name). The DLL is one of those shipped with the third-party application.

- Joe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jmiessner
Beginner
More information. I discovered that the original module reported in the error message was instrumented in place as a result of specifying it as a -moi option. However I would like to restrict analysis to my plug-in libraries. How can this be done without error? Instrumenting the entire third-party application creates so much call graph data that VTune takes hours to digest it.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Joe,

I don't know if your application has dependencies of this third-party DLL and other related DLLs. You can use "Configure Call Graph" dialog to manually add DLLs into interest of modules list.

Also you can set Instrumentation Level for these DLLs as "Minimal" type - no export API, no function is instrumented in these DLLs to save time.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos