Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Error when running call graph wizard or First use wizard

mchibani
Beginner
Hi all,

I have downloaded and successfully installed a non-commercial version of Vtune 9.1 for linux on ubuntu 7.10. However, when I try to run the provided samples (vtunedemo) only sampling runs correcty, when I try Call graph wizard or First use wizard it tells :
"ERROR: vtunedemo is not executable. Make sure it is your application."

How could I fix this.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee

Please check whether you are using the directory name (/opt/intel/vtune/samples/vtunedemo) or the actual executable file itself (/opt/intel/vtune/samples/vtunedemo/vtunedemo) - please note the name vtunedemo appears twice and it should appear twice when you are setting this as your Application to Launch.

0 Kudos
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - mchibani
Hi all,

I have downloaded and successfully installed a non-commercial version of Vtune 9.1 for linux on ubuntu 7.10. However, when I try to run the provided samples (vtunedemo) only sampling runs correcty, when I try Call graph wizard or First use wizard it tells :
"ERROR: vtunedemo is not executable. Make sure it is your application."

How could I fix this.

Thanks in advance.
Hi.

For " FIRST USE WIZARD", do perform following -
--
Application to Launch: [complete PATH with executable]

Application arguements: [arguement if needed by executable]

Working Directory: [PATH where executable has been build]
---

For "Call Graph", do perform following -
--
Do the same as above.
--

Please refer "Getting Started Guide", read it first and then execute as given for "First Use Wizard" & "Call-Graph".

It 'll be completely sucesful, if you read "Getting Started Guide" carefully.

~BR
0 Kudos
mchibani
Beginner
Thanx for the prompt response., but I still got the error.

The path is correct and the vtunedemo app runs perfectly in the command line. I went through the "Getting started" doc, but I found nothing related to my problem. As I understand, the demo should work out of the box, I even tried to recompile the demo but same result.

However, when I start vtune I got this messages before it starts :

/opt/intel/vtune/bin/Bistro.product: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/opt/intel/vtune/bin/Bistro.product: line 1: `export VT_BISTRO_EXTRALIBS_DIRS='

Is this related in some way to the error I get ?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - mchibani
However, when I start vtune I got this messages before it starts :

/opt/intel/vtune/bin/Bistro.product: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/opt/intel/vtune/bin/Bistro.product: line 1: `export VT_BISTRO_EXTRALIBS_DIRS='

Is this related in some way to the error I get ?

Bistro it the engine that instruments the binary for call-graph. It looks like something went wrong during the installation, because the path is not set correctly. I would re-install VTune in the hope that the path is set correctly next time.

Kind regards
Thomas
0 Kudos