Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Event ratio config erro: activity duration set to 0

sparc1998
Beginner
I have a sampling activty I'm creating and for many of the event ratios that I try to add to it, I get an error message complaining that the current activity duration is set to zero. Despite this message, the activity duration is set to no time limit. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
Sparc
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - sparc1998
I have a sampling activty I'm creating and for many of the event ratios that I try to add to it, I get an error message complaining that the current activity duration is set to zero. Despite this message, the activity duration is set to no time limit. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
Sparc

Hi Sparc,

I experienced sameproblem when I want to add other events in the list, VTune Analyzer said "Currently, the Activity is set to have a duration of zero, which indicates that is has no duration and can only be stopped manually..."

Usually I set Duration as "3600", but I also check on "When application terminates [before duration complete]" of "Stop Collection" in Configure Sampling. Thus, when your application terminates, sampling data collection will stop.

It seems that Duration of zero is ONLY for events CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.CORE/INST_RETIRED.ANY, which are default events used when creating a sampling activity.

Regards, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - sparc1998

Thanks,
Sparc

Hi Sparc,

I experienced sameproblem when I want to add other events in the list, VTune Analyzer said "Currently, the Activity is set to have a duration of zero, which indicates that is has no duration and can only be stopped manually..."

Usually I set Duration as "3600", but I also check on "When application terminates [before duration complete]" of "Stop Collection" in Configure Sampling. Thus, when your application terminates, sampling data collection will stop.

It seems that Duration of zero is ONLY for events CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.CORE/INST_RETIRED.ANY, which are default events used when creating a sampling activity.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos