Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Failed to load libSVConsumerEcClient.so during installation

Phil_Moorby
Beginner

While installing VTune 9.1 for Linux I had the following failure:

WARNING: Failed to load library /opt/intel/vtune/analyzer/bin/libSVConsumerEcClient.so

The installer installed all other components correctly (driver kit, etc.) , and I have tried several times to reinstall the software after completely uninstalling as per the instructions.

I am running Fedora 11, and the kernel 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64. The processor is an Intel Core2 Quad.

After the installation, the command line vtl program is running fine, but the GUI program vtlec does not run, so I assume it is something to do with installing Ecllipse components.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Why was there warning message about failing to load /opt/intel/vtune/analyzer/bin/libSVConsumerEcClient.so? Did it mean some components remained to affect next reinstalling? Please read - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-manually-remove-vtunetm-performance-analyzer-for-linux/

Hope it helps.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
Phil_Moorby
Beginner

Peter,

I have carefully followed the instructions to remove all of vtune components, and tried re-installing, and performed this several times now. Each time the 'failed to load library /opt/intel/vtune/analyzer/bin/libSVConsumerEcClient.so' message is issued. I do not know why it does this. I'm assuming this lib has something to do with installing the Eclipse components, but I am not an expert on Eclipse.

One confusing message before this comes up is when the installer is checking the environment that all the required packages have been installed, where it gives a list of IA-32 packages that must be installed. I have checked that all these packages have been installed. However, my system is a Linux-64, and hence have all 64-bit versions of these packages. The release notes on VTune says that it does support 64-bit linux, so I do now know if this is a problem or not.

Thanks, Phil

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil,

VTune Analyzer includes some IA-32 components which can work on64bit platform,that is why you saw"...IA-32 package that mus be installed" - please ignore such info.

Back to your issue, you have no problem to run vtl - but failed to run vtlec.Did you verify /var/log/install_vtune.log that all components(including eclipse* package) have been installed successfully?

Ifso, Isuspect that you already have other default eclipse* package installed in the system -howevervtlec uses its eclipse*, you may do - "export OTHER_ECLIPSE_BIN=/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.2.1_?/eclipse/eclipse", for example. Then run vtlec.

Other pre-installed eclipse* package has not been testedby VTune Performance Analyzer.

Regards, peter

0 Kudos
Phil_Moorby
Beginner

Peter,

I ran the following:

$ export OTHER_ECLIPSE_BIN=/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.2.1/eclipse/eclipse
$ /opt/intel/vtune/bin/vtlec
/opt/intel/eclipsepackage/3.2.1/eclipse/eclipse: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

does this help track down the problem?

Phil

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil,

/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so is part of the gtk2 package. Are youworking on non-standard Linux* distro?

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
Phil_Moorby
Beginner

Peter,

Success at last!

I do have a standard 64-bit Fedora11 install. The problem was that the vtune installer was not clear about which 32-bit library packages it required. After doing 'yum install packagename.i586' on several packages it worked.

Thanks for your help.

Phil

0 Kudos