Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Feedback on Update 5 of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

I recently applied Update 5 of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 on Windows 7 Professional ( 64-bit ). At the end of update when I pressed the Finish button Internet Explorer ( IE ) did Not display the Getting Started web-page. IE was in a very strange Not Responding state and after 1 minute of waiting I terminated IE.

That was the only issue I've experienced and a previous Update 4 worked well. Another thing is I think a message:

Install detected conflicts on the system

An older version of  Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 is already installed.
The currently installed Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 4 will be automatically removed prior to installing Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 5.

needs to be changed to ( without a word conflicts / it is very confusing ):

Install detected an older version of  Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 is already installed.
The currently installed Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 4 will be automatically removed prior to installing Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 5.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

What was the state of the IE window at the time of hang?

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Usually I uninstalled the previous product first via "control panel->uninstall a program", then install the new product. I haven't seen such problem.

Could it be IE version relevant issue? I use IE8.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

By my observation it could be IE issue.I suppose that main GUI thread or html parsing thread is stalled when waiting on some event.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Peter, please take a look at a couple of comments: >>...Usually I uninstalled the previous product first via "control panel->uninstall a program", then install the new product. I haven't >>seen such problem. >> >>Could it be IE version relevant issue? I use IE8. It happened on Windows 7 Professional OS with IE v9.x. In overall, I don't consider it as a significant issue and simply take it into account. Please forward a description of the issue to Installations team. Here is complete list of all steps I've done during last a couple of months: - Installed Parallel Studio XE 2013 ( Initial Release / in December 2012 ) - Installed Parallel Studio XE 2013 ( Update 2 / in March 2013 ) Note: VTune Amplifier XE 2013 ( Update 4 ) was installed ( everything was OK with IE v9.x ) - Downloaded and installed VTune Amplifier XE 2013 ( Update 5 / in March 2013 ) Note: Experienced that issue with IE v9.x I will also post a complete information about a version of IE v9.x.
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

I have reported this issue to our installation team.

Thank you for this report, and additional info about IE v9.x your provide is appreciated.

I will post any progress, or the problem will be fixed in future updates.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Thank you for this report, and additional info about IE v9.x your provide is appreciated... Here it is: IE version 9.0.8112.16421 ( Update versions: KB2809289 ) on Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It was told that the problem cannot be reproduced in IE9, I mean on current VTune(TM) Amplifier XE Update 8.

It seemed to be fixed.

0 Kudos