Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

Feedback on Update 5 of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013

I recently applied Update 5 of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 on Windows 7 Professional ( 64-bit ). At the end of update when I pressed the Finish button Internet Explorer ( IE ) did Not display the Getting Started web-page. IE was in a very strange Not Responding state and after 1 minute of waiting I terminated IE.

That was the only issue I've experienced and a previous Update 4 worked well. Another thing is I think a message:

Install detected conflicts on the system

An older version of  Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 is already installed.
The currently installed Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 4 will be automatically removed prior to installing Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 5.

needs to be changed to ( without a word conflicts / it is very confusing ):

Install detected an older version of  Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 is already installed.
The currently installed Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 4 will be automatically removed prior to installing Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2013 Update 5.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Bernard
Black Belt

What was the state of the IE window at the time of hang?

Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Usually I uninstalled the previous product first via "control panel->uninstall a program", then install the new product. I haven't seen such problem.

Could it be IE version relevant issue? I use IE8.

Bernard
Black Belt

By my observation it could be IE issue.I suppose that main GUI thread or html parsing thread is stalled when waiting on some event.

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

Peter, please take a look at a couple of comments: >>...Usually I uninstalled the previous product first via "control panel->uninstall a program", then install the new product. I haven't >>seen such problem. >> >>Could it be IE version relevant issue? I use IE8. It happened on Windows 7 Professional OS with IE v9.x. In overall, I don't consider it as a significant issue and simply take it into account. Please forward a description of the issue to Installations team. Here is complete list of all steps I've done during last a couple of months: - Installed Parallel Studio XE 2013 ( Initial Release / in December 2012 ) - Installed Parallel Studio XE 2013 ( Update 2 / in March 2013 ) Note: VTune Amplifier XE 2013 ( Update 4 ) was installed ( everything was OK with IE v9.x ) - Downloaded and installed VTune Amplifier XE 2013 ( Update 5 / in March 2013 ) Note: Experienced that issue with IE v9.x I will also post a complete information about a version of IE v9.x.
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

I have reported this issue to our installation team.

Thank you for this report, and additional info about IE v9.x your provide is appreciated.

I will post any progress, or the problem will be fixed in future updates.

Regards, Peter

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

>>...Thank you for this report, and additional info about IE v9.x your provide is appreciated... Here it is: IE version 9.0.8112.16421 ( Update versions: KB2809289 ) on Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It was told that the problem cannot be reproduced in IE9, I mean on current VTune(TM) Amplifier XE Update 8.

It seemed to be fixed.