Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

Free license issue with XE Vtune Amplifier XE 2015 demo

Justin_H_
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to test out Vtune to see if its capable of extracting the information I need, in the way I need so I downlaoded the demo. I have some C code that I created an .EXE to test. When I start the analysis it runs but gets to a point and says I do not have a valid license. The data collection process is completed and when finalizing results I get an error saying cannot find a valid license. 0x4000001f. If I look in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

I dont see anything. I didnt have any errors installing but I dont know how to get the license files. My profile shows that I have a valid license.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Justin:

Did you register for the eval and enter a serial number during installation, or check the box for a 30-day eval?

When you say "my profiling shows...", what "profile" are you referring to?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Justin_H_
Beginner

I clicked 30 day evaluation. No serial number. I am trying to do the trial to test if this software will give me the information I need.

My profile refers to my profile on here, the intel devolopers site, which shows your licenses.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Ah, okay, thanks.  There have been some issues with the "30-day eval" checkbox in the installation.  I recommend, as a workaround, that you go here and register for the eval, then place the license file that will be emailed to you in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses directory.

0 Kudos
Justin_H_
Beginner

How long before I get the email with the license file?

I go to the link you sent, I scroll down to Vtune, click download under the trial column, Under "get free trials" on the right I put windows in the first dropdown then click download free trial. That takes me to a page which asks for information. I fill out the information and I get an email which has a link for me to download the software. There is no license file, just vtune.

This is exactly how I installed Vtune the first time. I have yet to receive a license file...

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hmmm.  Okay.  Maybe it is waiting for you to download, I don't know. :(

Please follow the instructions on this page to send the license file to yourself.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Justin:

Did that help?

I was reminded this morning that it may be that our email with the license was blocked, either as spam or because it has an attachment. Perhaps you can add 'intel.registration.center@intel.com' to your contacts list?

0 Kudos