Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Getting issues while running hotspots analysis on application using vtune-2020

abhay
Beginner

While running hotspots analysis on my application....

I am getting these kind of warnings and errors

vtune: Warning: [2021.06.14 06:45:03] /usr/lib/ld-2.28.so _init() instrumentation failed. Profiling data may be missing.  

vtune: Warning: [2021.06.14 06:45:03] /usr/lib64/ld-2.28.so _init() instrumentation failed. Profiling data may be missing.

vtune: Warning: [2021.06.14 06:45:03] /usr/lib64/ld-2.28.so _init() instrumentation failed. Profiling data may be missing.

vtune: Error: [Instrumentation Engine]: Source/pin/injector_u/injector_u.cpp: PushString: 482: assertion failed: len >

Result directory is generated with extension -bad (r001hs-bad).

Hotspot analysis is working fine on intel sample project.

Please suggest how to resolve this and suggest if any more info needed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Forums.

We could observe that you are using an old version of VTune ( VTune 2020 ) Could you please try updating VTune to the latest version 2021.1 and see whether your issue gets resolved. This is the link to download the latest version of VTune: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/components/vtune-profiler.html

Please share the following details so that we can try profiling at our end :

1. Sample reproducer
  2. OS details

For further debugging, try running vtune-self-checker and share the log files with us .The self-check file for windows “vtune-self-checker.bat” and for linux “vtune-self-checker.sh” will be there in the <vtune-installation-directory>/bin64 folder. The script runs several representative analysis types on a sample with reliable hotspots. After the script completes, it produces a log file and gives diagnostics on the success or failure of the checks.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you, so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos