Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Hostname or UTC time error while importing custom " .csv" file to vtune profiler

vco55
Novice

Hi,

I use VTUNE profiler with CLI to inspect a custom MSR dump file generated from another target device as offline. This file contains some columns in comma separated structure like below

tsc.QPC   reg.Count1  reg.Count2  reg.count3

-                  -                     -                     -

According to links below, this table seems fine.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/analyze-performance/control-data-collection/external-data-import/creating-a-csv-file-with-external-data.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/analyze-performance/control-data-collection/external-data-import/examples-of-csv-format-and-imported-data.html

Also my hostname (computer name that I can not change) is  ev232yx.add.company.net.

When I execute the command :

" vtune -import D:\workpsace\MSR\demo-hostname-EVT02523NB.ad001.company.net.csv"

I got the result as: 

vtune: Importing a new result 100 % done
vtune: Using result path `C:\Users\z004m6rt\r003'
vtune: Executing actions 7 % Clearing the database
vtune: The database has been cleared, elapsed time is 0.326 seconds.
vtune: Executing actions 12 % Loading 'demo-hostname-EVT02523NB.ad001.company.n
vtune: Error: Cannot load data file `C:\Users\z004m6rt\r003\data.0\demo-hostname-EVT02523NB.ad001.company.net.csv' (Invalid header).
vtune: Raw data has been loaded to the database, elapsed time is 0.036 seconds.
vtune: Executing actions 50 % Loading 'demo-hostname-EVT02523NB.ad001.company.n
vtune: Finalizing the result took 0.391 seconds.
vtune: Executing actions 50 % done
vtune: Error: 0x4000001e (Cannot load raw collector data)

I think the problem is structure/parsing of the hostname. File name is deficient in red lines.

So is there a way to change  the hostname in vtune tool  or any solution to this problem ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

We are sorry that the Intel VTune Profiler is causing issues with your workflow.

To assist you with your issue, please can you share the following details:

1. What is the version of Intel VTune that you are using?

2. What is the O.S that you are using?

3. Can you provide the details of the processor that you are using?

4. Can you provide a sample CSV file that you tried running on Intel VTune so that we can try replicating the issue from our side?

Thank You

0 Kudos
vco55
Novice

Hi VaradJ,

I'm using the version 2022.3.0.   I run the vtune profiler in a win10 computer.  We collect data from another machine using a custom collector that work with  one core of an intel cpu. We want to format our data to be compatible with Vtune profiler.

However when I try to import the csv file which contains example data snips  given at link below,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/analyze-performance/control-data-collection/external-data-import/examples-of-csv-format-and-imported-data.html

My CLI output after command "vtune -import IntelDummyUTCExample-hostname-EVT02523NB.ad001.compony.net.csv"   :

vtune: Importing a new result 100 % done
vtune: Using result path `D:\workpsace\MSR\r000'
vtune: Executing actions 12 % Loading 'IntelDummyUTCExample-hostname-EVT02523NB
vtune: Warning: Data file was loaded with warnings `D:\workpsace\MSR\r000\data.0\IntelDummyUTCExample-hostname-EVT02523NB.ad001.compony.net.csv' (Failed 2 lines out of 3:
line 1 : warning : Only global data can be displayed. Other types of CSV file data will be ignored. (1 more))
vtune: Executing actions 32 % Precomputing frequently used data
vtune: Warning: Cannot find data to precompute. Skipping the precomputation step.
vtune: Executing actions 100 % done
vtune: Error: 0x40000025 (Inapplicable report) -- The report 'summary' is not applicable to the result D:\workpsace\MSR\r000\r000.vtune.

When I open the generated result file in Vtune I got the error screen :

vco55_0-1659943598102.png

So, I see that small data snip may cause this error. Is there a working example table in .csv format ? 

Thank you. Kind regards.

0 Kudos
vco55
Novice

Hi,

According to the thread below

community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers/Can-t-import-custom-data/m-p/1150849#M17411  

one can import a .csv file only  over an existing project.  Although it is not my ultimate goal , I managed to import a .csv file from remote  offline  target to a an existing project with some result in my host pc.  Now some other questions arise. Since  architecture of host and target computers are different (i7 and atom), can imported file which includes only global counter with qpc time source show meaningful graphics or data  in host pc result ? 

0 Kudos
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for sharing all the information. We are working on this internally. We will get back to you with an update soon.

Thank You

0 Kudos
clevels

Hello- I see you were previously using VTune version 2022.3.0 when encountering this issue. Can you please test if this is still an issue with latest version of vtune version 2023.1? If so- I previously filed an issue with our development team on this issue and they will need your csv to reproduce. Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos