Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

Hot off the presses! (Intel Press, that is...)

jeffrey-gallagher
Hey folks,
It occurred to me that the readers of this forum may not know about Intel Press, which writes some pretty amazing books. They just released a new VTune book which looks pretty impressive in its scope and I am NOT saying that just cuz I have a spiffy signed copy of it right here at my desk.
Check it out:
"VTune Performance Analyzer Essentials -- Measurement and Tuning Techniques for Software Developers" by James Reinders.
James is a VTune geek from way back, and I have to tell you: this is one good book. Whether you're a novice or an experienced app profiler, you'll find a lot of neat tips and guidelines on everything from hotspot hunting to multithreaded program analysis.
Another book that has been out a while, and is certainly worth taking a look at is "The Software Optimization Cookbook - High-performance Recipes for the Intel Architecture," by Rich Gerber.
You can learn more about these books and how to get a hold of them directly at Intel Press:
cheers
jdg

Message Edited by jdgallag on 06-09-2005 11:47 AM

Message Edited by jdgallag on 06-09-2005 11:48 AM

Message Edited by jdgallag on 06-09-2005 11:48 AM

0 Kudos
0 Replies