Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Hot off the presses: "VTune(TM) Performance Analyzer Essentials"

jeffrey-gallagher
Hey folks,
It occurred to me that the readers of this forum may not know about Intel Press, which writes some pretty amazing books.
They just released a new VTune book which looks pretty impressive in its scope and I am *NOT* saying that just cuz I have a spiffy signed copy of it right here at my desk...
...check it out:
"VTune Performance Analyzer Essentials -- Measurement and Tuning Techniques for Software Developers" by James Reinders.
James is a VTune geek from way back, and I have to tell you: this is one good book. Whether you're a novice or an experienced app profiler, you'll find a lot of neat tips and guidelines on everything from hotspot hunting to multithreaded program analysis.
Another book that has been out a while, and is certainly worth taking a look at is "The Software Optimization Cookbook - High-performance Recipes for the Intel Architecture," by Rich Gerber.
You can learn more about these two books and many more, including how to get a hold of them, directly from Intel Press:
cheers
jdg

Message Edited by jdgallag on 06-09-2005 11:52 AM

Message Edited by jdgallag on 06-09-2005 11:57 AM

Message Edited by jdgallag on 06-09-2005 11:58 AM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mfcking
Beginner
Hi, These are good books indeed. Do you know if any discount will apply if Intel employee want to purchase these books from Intel press? And how to get this discount? Thanks, mfcking
0 Kudos
jeffrey-gallagher
No discounts! And if that changes, we'll try to get Intel Press to post it here.
I'd suggest getting one foryour team, and talk toyour manager about expensing it. Just my .02 cents.
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos