Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

Hotspots Top-down Tree "Loading data. Please wait... 100%"

GrCorrea
Beginner

Dear experts,

I've been trying to analyze the collected results through the GUI ofVTune Amplifier XE 2011, but it seems to be eternally loading data when I select the Top-down Tree option.

With the Bottom-up option, the results are shown about 10 seconds after selecting it. With the Top-down Tree option, I have already trying let it load for 10 hoursand nothing happens. It keeps loading forever ("Loading data. Please wait... 100%").

Please, check the two attached images. The first one is the Bottom-up visualization. The second one is the Top-down Tree visualization.

I have collected data using the following command line:
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\VTune Amplifier XE 2011\\bin32\\amplxe-cl.exe" -collect hotspots -result-dir=Cactus MyApp.exe

Best regards,
G.R. Correa.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GrCorrea
Beginner
The previous attachments do not work, so I have uploaded the two images to the following URLs:
Best regards,
G.R. Correa.
0 Kudos
Rob5
New Contributor II

Are you running with Intel VTune Amplifier XE for Windows* Update 7? If not, you may wish to attempt with the latest update which you can obtain from the Intel Registration Center at https://registrationcenter.intel.com after logging in. If the behavior persists, then we may need to know more about the application being analyzed and the Amplifier XE project settings, duration of the analysis, gather information about your system, and such. Does the behavior occur when analyzing other applications such as the Tachyon sample app? This type of information will help us provide scope to the issue and come to resolution. We can also look at the results directory for the analysis that is not displaying in the top-down tab. If you zip and attach a results directory, you may wish to mark the post to this forum as private.

- Rob

0 Kudos
GrCorrea
Beginner
Thanks for answering. The update solved my problem.
Best regards,
GrCorrea.
0 Kudos