Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4994 Discussions

How to collect task execution time in the command line

Caesar
Beginner

Hello there.

Is it possible to use VTune Update 4 command line to collect user task (i.e., those annotated/defined using the ITTNotifyLib) execution time? How? I could not find any link/docs.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Simply use:

$ amplxe-cl -c hotspots -knob enable-user-tasks=true -- .program

-OR-

$ amplxe-cl -c advanced-hotspots -knob enable-user-tasks=true -- program

0 Kudos
Caesar
Beginner

I am sorry If I was not very clear. My main difficulty here is how to see the report and not how to collect them (which I got from the GUI).

When I type "$ amplxe-cl -help report" it says that the only available reports are:

callstacks               Display CPU or wait time for callstacks.
    frequency-analysis       Display CPU frequency scaling time.
    gprof-cc                 Display CPU or wait time in the gprof-like format.
    gpu-computing-tasks      Display GPU computing tasks.
    hotspots                 Display CPU time.
    hw-events                Display hardware events.
    sleep-analysis           Display CPU sleep time and wake-up reasons.
    sleep-extended-analysis  
    summary                  Display data about overall performance.
    top-down                 Display a call tree for your target application and provide CPU and wait time for each function.
    vectspots                Display statistics that helps identify code regions for tracing on a HW simulator.

So the question is: how to see the report of total CPU Time by task (like the one from the GUI)? My final goal is to automate this process...

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I'm sorry there is no report type to directly display "user task" info by using command line.

I wonder that you already put __itt_task_begin() / __itt_task_end() at function's entry/exit, you can see function's data in report?

0 Kudos