Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

I don't have "L2 bound" in General Exploration (after "show all columns")

T_C
Beginner

Title says it all really- I have just installed VTune on a new build PC. Did my first profiling and noticed something odd. In General Exploration, Bottom-up (or Top-down tree) under "Memory Bound" I usually have "L1 Bound", "L2 Bound", "L3 Bound", "DRAM Bound" and "Store Bound". However, on this particular VTune installation there is no "L2 Bound"???

I right-clicked and selected "Show all columns" but "L2 Bound" does not appear??? Please help as I am measuring cache performance.

I am using VS2012, Win 7 64, I have the latest VTune as I used the Software Manager and my processor is an i7 4820K but its overclocked to 4.6GHz. I had no problems with this hardware on the previous OS installed- with all the same software.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
T_C
Beginner

Forgot to say, I have just opened a previous VTune result (created on the same hardware but previous OS) and I cannot see "L2 Bound" in those results either- so something in this VTune configuration is deciding to not display "L2 Bound"!

0 Kudos
T_C
Beginner

Guys this has been removed in Update 16! Why have you removed "L2 Bound" from Update 16??? This is absurd- I really hope this is a bug.

I am going to re-install my downloaded version and hope that it is version 15, or possibly 14.

Can somebody from Intel please tell me this is a bug and there will be a fix shortly?

0 Kudos
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

Try to do the following:

Expand "Back-end Bound" column pressing ">>" sign at the top-right of the column header. So you will see "Back-end Bound/Memory Bound/L1 Bound" column hirarchy.

Do "Show All Columns" from context menu.

Then L2 Bound and other columns under "Memory Bound" should show up.

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos