Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Installation error -- VTune XE 2013

Amit_P_1
Beginner

While installing a Demo copy of the Vtune XE 2013 (Update 10) on my Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop, I am getting the following error during the installation :

" An error occured during the installation of assembly component {xxxxxxx Some GUID}. HRESULT: 0x80073712"

Have attached a doc file which contains the screen shots of the error messages.Appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction on how to resolve the installation issues.

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Amit:

The last screen shot shows a link to an error log.  Did you find an error log?

0 Kudos
Amit_P_1
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Attached is the error log from the installation.

-Amit

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Please click on the installer and run it as administrator. Also please note that you have to uninstall old product successfully then install the new update. For further investigating, the problem might be caused by.NET issue when installing the tool - it is not Vtune Amplifier XE issue, based on error message "An error occurred during the installation of assembly component", see http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Install-Product/Error-1935--An-error-occurred-during-the-installation-of-assembly/SLN12416.html to know detail. Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Amit P. wrote:

While installing a Demo copy of the Vtune XE 2013 (Update 10) on my Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop, I am getting the following error during the installation :

" An error occured during the installation of assembly component {xxxxxxx Some GUID}. HRESULT: 0x80073712"

Have attached a doc file which contains the screen shots of the error messages.Appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction on how to resolve the installation issues.

Thanks

IIRC the error seen by you is related to ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT and it is probably caused by corrupted SxS assemblies.

GUID is probably the one which is corrupted.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...While installing a Demo copy of the Vtune XE 2013 (Update 10) on my Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop, I am getting the following >>error during the installation : >> >>" An error occured during the installation of assembly component {xxxxxxx Some GUID}. HRESULT: 0x80073712" Try to install Initial Release of VTune first followed by Update 10. Also, turn off Microsoft Windows Update during installs.
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Developer said, this installation problem has been fixed in Update 15.

0 Kudos
Shyam_P_
Beginner

I am trying to install trial version of vtune 2015. Installation failed with following errors. Failure log file is attached. Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Shyam

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each component will be installed individually. If you cancel the installation,

some components might remain on your system. This installation may take several

minutes, depending on your system and the options you selected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing Command line interface component... failed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installing Sampling Driver kit component... failed

Installing Graphical user interface component... failed

Finalizing product configuration...

Preparing driver configuration scripts... done

-----------------------------------

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Do you agree with comments in the log, such as:

previous VTune version was removed successfully

no space available in temporary allocation (e.g. /tmp)

your OS is not one for which a pre-built driver is furnished, so the build-driver script has to run

is your OS one of those designated as supported (is it a 32-bit linux)

?

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

@Shyam

Based on information, probably you have uninstalled prior product abnormally  - however installer of VTune Amplifier XE 2015 can detect it but uninstaller cannot uninstall these components which might be removed manually.

You can clean up prior product in these way, then re-install new product.:

1. lsmod grep [sep | pax | vtss]; use "rmmod ???" to remove them from your system.

2. rpm -qa intel-vtune*; remove them in order, according dependencies

Others, please pay attentions on what Tim pointed out.

0 Kudos