Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Installing RDC on Gentoo

dkanter
Beginner
I am trying to sample an application which runs on top of Gentoo Linux, which sadly is unsupported by Intel at this time. As per some of the suggestions in this forum from JDG, installing VTune for Linux on Gentoo is probably much less likely to be successful than simply using the remote data collectors on Gentoo.

I tried to install the RDC on Gentoo, but got the same "RPM database not found" error that I got when trying to install VTune (Linux) on Gentoo.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get VTune (Linux) or the remote data collectors installed on a gentoo system?

Thanks,

David
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

David,

I have never used VTune on gentoo, but this is how I would try to install the RDC:

• convert the rpm to tgz with "alien"
  • unpack the archive in /opt/intel/vtune
  • goto the driver directory and build the vtune_drv kernel module. Most likely, you will need to modify the makefiles so that the pathspoint to the correct directories with the kernel include files
  • load the kernel module
  • start vtserver. I also expect that you will need to adjust some of the paths

Kind regards

Thomas

0 Kudos