Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Installing thread checker

ibrahimlec_mavt_ethz

I tried to install the Thread checker using the installation script but it allways complain that "arch command is not found". For my Ubuntu version there is no longer arch command. i tried already to turn around this by using alias command to make "arch" identical to "uname -m". But even this trick didn't work. attached a screen shoot.I will appreciate if someone out there can help me

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I tried to install the Thread checker using the installation script but it allways complain that "arch command is not found". For my Ubuntu version there is no longer arch command. i tried already to turn around this by using alias command to make "arch" identical to "uname -m". But even this trick didn't work. attached a screen shoot.I will appreciate if someone out there can help me

I don't see a screen shot. I hope you are taking into account that when you allow the script to su, the installation sees a different environment from the one you set before starting the script. If you start out as root, before starting the install script, you would avoid that particular problem.

Thread checker doesn't work with the early Intel64 11.0 compilers, (corrected in update 074). Ubuntu probably has additional issues with Intel64. There may be a private install script at a lower level which is invoked after selection of architecture, likely with some option to suppress an error like "don't use this script, use the top level one."

0 Kudos