Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

Instruct32.chm -- when it will be updated?

levicki
Valued Contributor I

Instruct32.chm document is very convenient even outside of VTune as a quick reference for all x86/x64 instructions. Do you have any idea when it will be updated to include SSE4.1 instructions?

I also have a suggestion to make it available for download independently of VTune because it is very handy for assembler programmers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Will anyone be so kind to answer this simple question?
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi Igor:

These documents are generally available for download for each announced processor from the Intel web site, under the processor products. Please see http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/index.htm for the various manuals, including the ones you are interested in. According to a note on that page, the SSE4 instructions have been incorporated into the software manuals, already.

In general, the VTune analyzer document is up-to-date for the processors that it supports when it was released.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Hi "Mr. Anderson", unfortunatelly you missed my point.

I was asking when will specific document which comes with VTune be updated to contain SSE4 instructions. AFAIK, VTune in its current version supports profiling of Wolfdale/Penryn/Yorkfield CPUs but the documentation is lacking.

I am aware of other manuals and of SSE4 being incorporated there, but they are much more cumbersome to use than a single CHM file. IA instruction set is so huge nowadays that nobody in their right mind could memorize all of it, much less be bothered to search 4 separate large PDF files which by the way have copy/paste disabled making any code examples useless if you have to retype them.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Hi Igor:

My mistake. I thought you asked for a downloadable file with the info.

I'm also afraid you are mistaken. Please review the System Requirements section of the Release Notes and notice that those processors are not specifically supported by version 9.0 Update 7.

Finally, the CHM file is available for download on this page, but it is not updated separately from an official VTune analyzer release.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

So can you give me any estimate when will it be updated? That is all I am interested in.

0 Kudos