Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Instructions retired per function through command line

manojs2k
Beginner
Hi,
I am trying to get the total no of Instructions retired for my program t.bat by running vtune through command line.
I tried with sampling option as " vtl activity -d 100 -c sampling -app t.bat -moit.bat run"
vtl views a1::r1 gives me total no of Instructions retired for t.bat
But I need it function wise (executed)
I tried to execute Call Graph as "vtl activity -c Call Graph -app t.bat -moi t.bat run", it failed saying Invalid data collector where as vtl query -lc shows Call Graph as valid data collector.
Pls suggest is there any way to get Instructions retired function wise through command line.
Thanks in advance,
Manoj
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrey-gallagher
Do you get the same results if you use an exe file, instead of a bat file? VTUNEDEMO gets installed with the Analyzer when you install. Compare results, and report back what you find.
cheers
jdg
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Manoj:

Sorry this is so late, but I've been away. I will respond with the idea that others might benefit from it, even if it is too late to help you. :-(

You can view this information by function using various command-line options to the 'vtl' command. There is a help file available from the Start menu (see 'Help for the Command Line' in the VTune analyzer program group). In your example, you could have used something like:

vtl view -hf -mn

where module-name is something like myexe.exe or mydll.dll.

Regards,

Message Edited by DaveA on 10-04-2005 10:28 AM

0 Kudos