Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Instrumentation failed on dll nvdesk32.dll

justus_schach
Beginner
Hi!
Every time I try to profile my application I get the following error output:
-----------------------------------------
Tue Sep 13 14:17:53 2005 Instrumentation requested by module C:WINNTsystem32 vdesk32.dll
Tue Sep 13 14:17:58 2005 Exports instrumentation of module "c:winntsystem32 vdesk32.dll" could not be done (see error description below).
Tue Sep 13 14:17:58 2005 Error in module "c:winntsystem32 vdesk32.dll" - Can not run / close / wait on instrumentor process.
-----------------------------------------
Unfortunately Idon'tfind any information about that error in the helpfile or somewhere else.
I tried to remove that DLL from the symbolrepository, but everytime I let run the test, the DLL appears again! (I also recreate the activity for that application.)
Used version is:
VTune Performance Analyzer 7.2
Build:16929
Thanxs in advance!
justus
0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Justus:

Sorry for the late reply. I've been on vacation and I guess nobody else knew what to tell you. :-}

Is this still a problem you need help with? That is, have you submitted this to Intel Premier Support?

Myadvicewould be to look for a file called bistro.log. I think it is usually in the project directory, maybe under a vtunecg999999 subdirectory. View this text file for a possible clue as to why it is failing.

Regards,
0 Kudos