Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Intel VTune Amplifier 2019 (update6) cannot regonize the proccessor...

Corbo__Azer
Beginner

Hello guys,

Once I switch to HPC, Microarchitecture Exploration or Memory Access, I'm not able to run it (play button goes grey). Red text appears after description of selected profiling section (Screenshot_2.png). 
Other case is when I'm running Hotspot profiling, Vtune Amplifier crashes. I managed to get part of the log before crashing (Screenshot_3.png). I would really appreciate your help.

Processor: Intel i7 7700 (3.6 GHz)

All the best,
Corbo Azer

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Azer,

Can you please provide the output of the following commands:

1) <VTune install dir>/bin64/amplxe-runss.exe -context-value-list

2) <VTune install dir>/bin64/sep.exe -version

As for the second issue - are you using "User-Mode Sampling" variant of Hotspots analysis? As result are you seeing profiling application crash or VTune crash? If latter, can you please share the content of VTune crash dialog?

0 Kudos
Corbo__Azer
Beginner

Hello Vitaly,

Outputs, crash dialog and crash info are gonna be enlisted in attachment section.

About second issue - I'm using "User-Mode Sampling". When profiling is over and finalizing phase starts, then crash dialog (send or don't send report dialog emerges) comes up and VTune crashes. 

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Azer,

Thanks for all the details. This looks similar to https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-vtune-amplifier/topic/814208 which we unfortunately unable to reproduce on our side. We're still attempting to find a reproducer in order to debug it directly. We're loosing a part of "sep -version" output while reading it within amplxe-runss, while there are no API errors and sep process finishes successfully. Also, in all the reported cases the same OS version was used: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Build 18362.

As for the second issue leading to VTune crash - this is a known issue and crash should be fixed soon. Though the root cause might be similar to the first one.

0 Kudos
Corbo__Azer
Beginner

Hi Vitaly,

I guess waiting for solution to pop up is the only thing left to do. Thank you for your time!

All the best,
Azer

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Azer,

Thanks for your patience.

Can you please help us to confirm both issues have the same root cause - please run the following command and provide its output:

<VTune install dir>/bin64/emon.exe -M

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Corbo__Azer
Beginner

Hi Vitaly,

Attachment section it is.

All the best,
Azer

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee