Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Intel VTune for Embedded Windows OS

Giorgio_S_
Beginner

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to use VTune 2013 or VTune2015 using Windows embedded and, if yes, what is the minimum supported windows edition. I read on the release notes that "embedded editions not supported" but I would like to know if there is a way for example to collect data on an embedded system and view results on standard windows system and/or to perform remote mode using Windows embedded target.

Thanks,

Giorgio

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Please go https://premier.intel.com to submit your feature request.

If your embedded system has no disk space restricted, you can extract VTune Amplifier XE package (e.g. "VTune_Amplifier_XE_2015_setup.exe --extract-only --silent --extract-folder C:\temp\VTune_Amplifier_XE_2015_unpacked") then install it (e.g. run "Amplifier_XE.msi" with Administrative privileges) on the target.

vtune drivers might or might not work, user-mode sampling collection can work I guess. Note that your target system hasn't been tested and have no technical support for now, it is your risk to run this product on unsupported operation system. 

0 Kudos