Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4559 Discussions

Intel Vtune Amplifier XE on a CentOS 5.5 Cluster

Guillaume_De_Nayer
Hi,

We have a little CentOS 5.5 Cluster with intel cluster toolkit. We have discovered Vtune Amplifier XE and we are testing it at the moment (so evaluation).

I have followed the instructions and installed the "main" packages on the master. Then copied the CLI package on the nodes and installed them. So I have amplxe-gui on the master and amplxe-cl on all the nodes.

If I'm using amplxe-gui on the master to start a test, it seems to work without problem. Now I'm trying to start a test with amplxe-cl in our batch system (torque):
#!/bin/bash
#PBS -N test_OPT
#PBS -j oe
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=5
#PBS -l walltime=72:00:00
echo ' starting job ............................................'
amplxe-cl --collect concurrency -r r$PBS_JOBID -follow-child -no-analyze-system -- mpirun -np 5 ./program < input > output
echo ' ending job ............................................'

The job starts and creates results. I can open them with the gui. But in the output file from torque I see that:
Warning: Skipped generation of report `summary': no valid license can be found (The license is unavailable. Make sure that your license file contains the license for the req\\
uested feature. If your license requires a license server, make sure that the server is using the right license file, and you have not changed the license file since startin\\
g the server.).

How can I solve that ??? I thought that on the nodes amplxe-cl doesn't need any license ?!?

Thx a lot,
Best regards,
Guillaume

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_D_Intel
Employee
Either ignore it, or use the -no-summary option to suppress generatation of the summary report (and the warning).

By default, the -collect action performs 3 steps:
1. Data collection
2. Symbol resolution (finalization)
3. Create summary report

Step 3 is the one that requires the license (and causes the warning message). Even with the warning, the first two steps are performed.
Guillaume_De_Nayer
Thx Mark! the -no-summary option does the job!

Bye