Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Intel Vtune failed to load data with error "invalid string (97)"

Gavin_L_
Beginner

Hi ,

I used following command to do profiling in linux server 6.2,but got errors:

[root@slcai851 vtune]# /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2013/bin64/amplxe-cl -collect advanced-hotspots --duration 180
amplxe: Collection started. To stop the collection, either press CTRL-C or enter from another console window: amplxe-cl -r /scratch/Gavin/vtune/r002ah -command stop.
amplxe: Collection detached.
amplxe: Using result path `/scratch/Gavin/vtune/r002ah'
amplxe: Executing actions 14 % Loading data files
amplxe: Warning: Cannot load data file `/scratch/Gavin/vtune/r002ah/data.0/tbs993956675.tb6' (tbrw call "TBRW_dobind(tbrwFile->getHandle(), streamIndex)" failed: invalid string (97)).
amplxe: Executing actions 34 % Precomputing frequently used data
amplxe: Warning: Cannot find data to precompute. Skipping the precomputation step.
amplxe: Executing actions 50 % Generating a report

Collection and Platform Info
----------------------------
Parameter                 r002ah
------------------------  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Command Line
Operating System          2.6.39-100.5.1.el6uek.x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago)
Computer Name             slcai851
Result Size               107972191
Collection start time     03:05:14 18/06/2014 UTC
Collection stop time      03:08:14 18/06/2014 UTC

CPU
---
Parameter          r002ah
-----------------  -----------------------------
Name               Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5 processor
Logical CPU Count  32

Summary
-------
Elapsed Time:  0.000
amplxe: Executing actions 100 % done

The result size is only 107972191 bytes,I don't think it is related to huge data set and the same command works in a windows platform.

I will appreciate your response.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gavin_L_
Beginner

I am not authorized to access https://premier.intel.com/,so I am attaching the result directory zip file and bug report here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

You are writing your results to /scratch/Gavin/vtune/r002ah.  Anything special about that file system?

Also, did you source the amplxe-vars.sh file before invoking amplxe-cl?  The script sets up the environment and should always be done prior to invoking amplxe-cl or amplxe-gui.

0 Kudos