Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Is upgrading from VTune 9.0 to 9.1 free?

dave_matsumoto
Beginner
I have had a very difficult time finding this info via Google, so figured I'd post here. I also searched here but didn't find the answer.

I purchased VTune 9.0 last year, but never installed, nor registered it. I am looking into my options, which could involve either selling it, or installing it and trying it out. I can't find 9.0 for download anymore, so I was wondering -- if I do register my 9.0 key, will I be able to upgrade to 9.1 for free? Most apps I've purchased in the past consider .x to be a minor update, thus free, but I want to be sure.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Yes, you should get access to all updated versions within a year of registration. If you have trouble with this, the forum section about licensing is a place to get assistance.
0 Kudos
dave_matsumoto
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Yes, you should get access to all updated versions within a year of registration. If you have trouble with this, the forum section about licensing is a place to get assistance.

Great, thanks for the info! I'll go ahead and post in the licensing forum and will see what they say there.
0 Kudos